Heart shaped brownie for Valentines
The way to a man’s heart is through his stomach – so why not treat your man this valentine, with a heart shaped brownie in a specially printed valentine’s paper bag?
This is a Brownie with a dry cracked crust, a wonderfully moist texture, and a rich deep chocolate flavour.
(ca. 10 hearts and lots of yummy off cuts…)
- 140 grams of good quality dark chocolate, chopped
- 115 grams unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder (we like Green & Black’s coco powder)
- 200 grams of granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 large free-range eggs
- 100 grams selfrising flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 125 grams chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Grease a 20cm - 8” square baking tray.
Melt the chocolate and butter in a large stainless steel bowl placed over a saucepan of simmering water.
Remove from heat and stir in the cocoa powder and sugar.
Next, whisk in the vanilla extract and eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Finally, stir in the flour, salt and chocolate chips (if using).
Pour into the prepared pan and bake for about 25-30 minutes, important or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out with a little batter and a few moist clumps clinging to it. Do not over bake. Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack. Using a heart shaped cookie cutter to stencil out individual heart portions.
Follow the guidelines to print your Valentine’s paper bag – insert a gooey piece of heart shaped brownie with a napkin. This is certain to impress your Valentine.