Royal Cupcakes with Capes and Jewels
In true keeping with The Royal Wedding, we have created some divine and beautiful cupcakes, fit for a king or queen. We are sure that your little princesses and princes at home would be delighted if these were made for their birthday party.
Royal Cupcakes Ingredients
- 100g raspberries
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- 2 eggs
- 125 grams of sugar
- 125 grams of butter
- 100ml of milk
- 150g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 50g white chocolate, finely chopped
Pink Butter Cream Topping Ingredients
- 100g of butter (room temperature)
- 4 tablespoons of milk
- 400g of icing sugar
- Red food colouring (only a little)
Download Royal Cupcakes with Capes and Jewels recipe in pdf format (82kb)
Royal Cupcakes Method
- Preheat the oven to 175 C and prepare a baking tray with cupcake cases.
- Mix the raspberries and icing sugar together and set aside.
- Wisk the eggs with the sugar, until light and fluffy, next add the butter and milk until combined, now add the raspberry mixture. Stir in the flour and baking powder and finally stir in the chopped white chocolate pieces.
- Divide the mixture into 10 cupcake cases.
- Bake in a warm oven for approx 30 minutes.
- Make sure cakes are completely cooled down before decorating.
Pink Butter Cream Topping Method
Mix together butter, icing sugar and milk to a smooth paste, add a little red food colouring, until you achieve your favourite pink colour. Fill a piping bag, use the star nozzle to decorate each individual cupcake, finish off by decorating with jewels; gold or silver sugar pearls or with beautiful wafer butterflies and icing flowers. Make them extra special and present them wrapped in Ivory Cupcake Wrapper with Flowers.
Perfect Purple Polka-dots cake cases. A fairy party must-have! Pack of 60.£2.25