For a little extra fuel on a cold bonfire night, tuck into these delicious flapjack’s.
They are delicious, easy to make. Double the portion to make sure that you have got enough. Excellent snack for mid-morning coffee or for the children’s lunch box. See our suggestions below how to make an tasty alternative to the traditional recipe.
- 2 tbsp Golden Syrup
- 100g light brown sugar
- 150g butter
- 375g porridge oats
Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Butter a square baking tin and line the base with baking parchment.
- Place the syrup, sugar and butter into a large saucepan and heat gently until the butter has melted into the syrup and stir well.
- Put the oats into the butter and sugar/syrup mixture, add a pinch of salt and stir to coat the oats.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and spread evenly to fill the tin making sure the surface is even.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven while the flapjack is still slightly soft, they will harden once cool.
- Place the tin on a wire cooling rack and cut the flapjack into squares and leave in the tin until completely cold.
The flapjack keeps well stored in an airtight container.
Try these alternatives to the traditional Flapjack Recipe
The method of making these alternative flapjack recipes is the same as above; just vary the quantities and ingredients as follows.
Coconut Flapjack - use 325g of oats and 55g of desiccated coconut.
Apricot and Honey Flapjack - a healthier recipe than the traditional flapjack. Make using 100g butter with 85g soft brown sugar and 3 tbsp honey, 350g oats mixed with 100g dried apricots, finely chopped and 1 small banana, mashed.
Nuts and Seeds - add 2 tbsp chopped mixed nuts and 2 tbsp of mixed seeds such as pumpkin and/or sunflower to the basic mixture.
Download Traditional Flapjack recipe in pdf format (152kb)
100% biodegradable, strong sturdy disposable side plates great for both hot and cold food. Packed in 10, 25 or 50's
Exciting and beautiful alternative, made from fallen palm leaves. 100 % biodegradable and compostable. Packed in 5's and 10's.
Animal Parade Cupcake Kit. Contains 24 cases and 24 toppers including elephant, giraffe, lion and zebra.£9.75
A wonderful Animal merry go round for the table setting and to play with afterwards.£15.50