takes 2 -3 days to make so leave yourself enough time…
To make yourself a handful (10-12) of bath bombs you will need
- 40 gr corn flour
- 120 gr bicarbonate of soda
- 60 gr citric acid (available from a chemist)
- Approx 12 drops of lavender essential oil
- Food colouring (Optional – can just be left white)
- A little water
- Sieve together bicarbonate of soda and corn flour, add the citric acid and mix well.
- Stir in the essential oil, only a drop at a time. Smell and stir as you go along. Essential oils are very strong and potent, so be careful not to use too much.
- Once you’re happy with the fragrance, use a spray bottle to add a small amount of water at the time (coloured with a couple of drops of food colouring - if you want coloured bath bombs) if not just use plain water.
- Stirring in the water is the crucial bit. Do not add too much at a time. What you must avoid is the mixture starting to fizz… if it does this, it’s back to the beginning. Spray carefully, the texture of the mixture should look and feel like damp sand or flour.
- Mix the ingredients a with spoon, squeeze a little together in your hand and if it holds together it is done…if not add a little more water.
- Put the finished mixture into a ice cube tray (silicone if you have one, will ease the removal), or alternatively use different shaped cake cutters. Press the mix hard into the cutter shapes or the ice cube tray and then leave at room temperature for approx 12-15 hrs. Then pop out of the tray if using one and leave for another 15-24 hrs to go hard.
To make a great gift box full of enticing bath treats, why not use our pla window box or the white paper bag with pla window to package your bath bombs in. Don’t forget to tie with string and label it with the following instructions. …’for a very relaxing bath and soak, pop 2 of us in your bath and see how we whizz and fizz!!’
40 meters of fabulous Bakers Twine in red and white candy stripes.£2.50
Great little 100% biodegrable box for cookies, gifts or wedding favors. Pack of 3£2.75
5 Great boxes for just about everything including hot and cold food, cookies, crafts and more.
Wonderful to give filled with a few treats or a slice of cake.£2.50
Ideal baskets for gifts, goodies or sweet buffets.£2.95